Did your mom make Hamburger Helper meals when you were a kid?? My mom did as they were a quick and easy way to feed our family. I like to make quick meals during the week and skillet meals fit that bill, but I try make all our meals from fresh ingredients.
I found the recipe for Easy Skillet Lasagna on Lynne’s Kitchen Adventures Blog and I just had to try it. It was a hit with our family and will be added to our easy weekday meal list. Lynne is a Menu Plan Monday Participant so make sure you check out what is on her menu each Monday!
- ◾1 pound ground beef
- ◾1 onion, finely chopped
- ◾1 clove garlic minced
- ◾1- 14½ ounce diced tomatoes, undrained
- ◾1½ cups water
- ◾1 – 6 ounce can tomato paste
- ◾1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- ◾2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ◾1 teaspoon salt
- ◾2½ cups broken lasagna noodles or other similar shaped pasta (I various leftover Penne Pasta)
- ◾3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- ◾1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ◾1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ◾In a large skillet cook beef with onion until beef is cooked and onion is tender. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- ◾Add tomatoes, water, tomato paste, parsley, oregano, and salt to skiller. Stir well.
- ◾Add in pasta and stir. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Cover and simmer 20 minutes, checking part way through. Add more water if needed.
- ◾Combine Parmesan cheese and ricotta cheese and drop by spoonfuls on top of pasta mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and cook covered 5 more minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Serve with Salad and Garlic Bread.