10/16/16 – 10/30/16
Sunday,16th – 2) SEARED SCALLOPS creamy vegetable rice (Fresh 20 Sept 23, 2016)
Monday, 17th – Best BLT Ever
Tuesday, 18th – Chicken and Rice Soup (crockpot)
Thursday, 201th – Leftovers
Friday, 21st – Black Bean Quesadillas:
- Onions, red – 3/4, diced
- Bell peppers, any color – 1 1/2, diced
- Cilantro, fresh (opt) – 1 1/2 Tbsp, chopped
- Beans, black (14 oz / 397 g) – 1 1/2 cans, drained and rinsed
- Oil, cooking – 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Chili powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Cumin, ground – 3/4 tsp
- Salsa, store-bought (choose your fave) – 1 1/8 cups
- Tortillas, flour and taco-sized – 18
- Cheese, cheddar or Mexican blend – 9 oz, shredded
- Sour cream, for serving – 3/8 cup
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add oil and when hot, add onions and bell peppers and saute until tender, ~3 minutes. Add chili powder and cumin and saute until fragrant, ~1 minute. Add black beans and salsa and simmer until any extra moisture is cooked off, 2 to 3 minutes. Take pan off the heat and stir in cilantro (the portion for the quesadillas). Season with some salt and pepper.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the pan, top it with a heaping spoonful of filling, cheese and then another tortilla. When the tortilla on the bottom is golden brown and crisp, flip the quesadilla and cook on the other side until golden brown and crisp. Continue with the remaining tortillas and filling. (Note: As written, the recipe makes 1.5 quesadillas per person.)
- Slice quesadillas into wedges and serve with guacamole, sour cream and extra salsa. Enjoy!
Saturday, 22nd – Baked Teriyaki Chicken, Mom’s Mac and Cheese
1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
5 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1-1/2 cups milk
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
2 ounces process American cheese, cubed
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Place in greased
1-1/2 qt. baking dish; set aside. In a saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of
butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add
milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes; reduce heat. Stir
in cheese, salt and pepper until cheese is melted. Pour over macaroni;
mix well. Melt the remaining butter; add the breadcrumbs. Sprinkle
over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
Yield : 6 Servings
Sunday,23rd – Stuffed Pork Chops – Roasted Butternut Squash and Apple Sauce
Monday, 24th – Taco Potluck Casserole
Tuesday, 25th – Rotisserie Chicken – Stuffing and Corn
Wednesday, 26th – Butternut Squash Soup –make your own sandwich
Thursday, 27th – LEFTOVERS
Friday, 28th – Hamburgers and Onion Rings
Saturday, 29th – Taco Salad (Crockpot)
Tacos For A Crowd (crockpot)
2-1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cans (10 oz) stewed tomatoes
2-3 cans (8 oz) tomato sauce
2 pkgs. taco mix
Salt and pepper to taste
3 dozen taco shells
Brown meat, drain and add onion. Combine stewed tomatoes, tomato
sauce, taco mix and salt and pepper in a crockpot. Add meat
mixture. Cook on high for 1-1/2 hours continue cooking for 2 hours
on medium or the low setting. Serve with shredded lettuce, diced
tomatoes, onions, olives, cheese and sour cream on browned shells
Sunday, 30th – Lasagna Roll Ups , Green Beans, Salad (Fresh 20 GF October 9, 2015 ), Garlic Bread
· spaghetti sauce (your choice)
· 1 lb mozzarella cheese
· 15 ounces ricotta cheese
· 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen spinach, rinsed and squeezed out
· 1 egg
· lasagna noodle
- cook lasagna noodles about 2-5 min shorter than the time it says (they are easier to handle then) mix all together in a bowl.
- Grated mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, frozen spinach, and the egg.
- Add some Parmesan cheese.
- lay out lasagna noodles, spread the cheese mixture.
- then add sauce.
- roll lasagna noodle, place in a 13 x 9 in pan (this will hold about 12 roll ups) keep doing this until your pan is full.
- then spread more sauce and Parmesan cheese on top.
- When it is time to bake take out the sauce and the roll ups as many as you need.
- Bake 350 oven for 40 min (if thawed) or until cheese is melted
The Fresh 20 is a 5 day meal plan. They offer the following menus: Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Classic, Vegetarian, For One, Kosher and Lunch
For more Menu Planning inspiration stop by and visit Laura at Organizing Junkie and participate in Menu Plan Monday.
Need help getting started menu planning – Emeals is also great solution. Many meal plans to chose from at a very affordable price.
Wishing you a wonderful week!!