Finally, I remembered to take a picture of our meal before we ate it all! I have been loving the 30 minute meals we have recently tried from the Oct/Nov issue of Simple & Delicious magazine!
When I got home from work this evening it was tempting to just make a box of Mrs Grass soup as I didn’t have much time to cook. This is fast and very good. I think Grandpa had 3 bowls of soup!
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth or homemade turkey stock
- 1 can (14½ oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- ⅔ cup each frozen peas, corn and cut green beans
- ½ cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into ¼-in. slices
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil.
- Add carrots, onion and celery; cook and stir until tender.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add broth, vegetables, macaroni and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until macaroni is al dente.
- Stir in turkey and zucchini, cook until zucchini is crisp-tender.
- Discard bay leaf.
- If desired sprinkle servings with cheese.