Taste of Home does it again! Another great recipe we tried out of Taste Of Home: Best Loved Recipes. What a great cookbook!
Best Broccoli Soup Recipe is very easy to make. This is a cream based soup and not cheesy so it pairs very nicely with grilled cheese sandwiches.
- •2 cups water
- •4 cups chopped fresh broccoli (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- •1 cup chopped celery
- •1 cup chopped carrots
- •1/2 cup chopped onion
- •6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- •6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- •3 cups chicken broth
- •2 cups 2% milk
- •1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- •1 teaspoon onion salt
- •1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- •1/2 teaspoon salt
- •In a Dutch oven, bring water to boil. Add the broccoli, celery and carrots; boil 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; set vegetables aside.
- •In the same pot, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour to form a smooth paste. Gradually stir in broth and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- •Stir in reserved vegetables and remaining ingredients. Reduce heat; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.