For Christmas last year (2012), my hubby bought me a new cookbook called Taste of Home BEST LOVED Recipes. We have only made a few recipes from the book, but so far every recipe has been blog worthy! Since we had some fresh dill in the garden and Salmon in the freezer, I decided to make the Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce. The Creamy Dill Sauce adds a wonderful flavor to this Salmon.
I believe my hubby said it will take me 10 years to try every recipe in this cookbook, if I made a recipe a day! I love a good challenge.
- •1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)
- •1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- •1 teaspoon onion salt
- •1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- •6 lemon slices
- •1/4 cup butter, cubed
- DILL SAUCE:
- •1/3 cup sour cream
- •1/3 cup mayonnaise
- •1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- •1 teaspoon lemon juice
- •1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- •3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- •1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- •Pepper to taste
- •Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with heavy-duty foil; grease lightly. Place salmon skin side down on foil. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper and onion salt. Top with onion and lemon. Dot with butter. Fold foil around salmon; seal tightly,
- •Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Open foil carefully, allowing steam to escape. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- •Combine the sauce ingredients until smooth. Serve with salmon.